Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tie me Kangaroo down

Tie me Kangaroo down
An old Australian Stockman was lying, dying, but he gets himself up on one elbow, and he calls to his station hands and says . . .

"I'm going, Blue; so this you gotta do,
I'm not gonna pull through, Blue, so this you gotta do..."

CHORUS
Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down.
Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down.

2. Watch me wallabies feed, Mate, watch me wallabies feed,
They're a dangerous breed, Mate, so watch me wallabies feed.
Altogether now ...

3. Keep me cockatoo cool, Curl keep me cockatoo cool.
Don't go actin' the fool, Curl just keep me cockatoo cool.
Altogether now ...

4. Let me wombats go loose, Bruce, let me wombats go loose.
They're of no further use, Bruce, so let me wombats go lose.

5. Take me koala back, Jack, take me koala back.
He lives somewhere out on the track, Mac, so take me koala back.

6. Mind me platypus duck, Bill, mind me platypus duck.
Don't let him go running amuck, Bill, just mind me platypus duck.

7. Play your didgeridoo, Blue, play your didgeridoo,
Keep playing 'til I shoot through, Blue, play your didgeridoo.

8. [haltingly with pathos] Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred, ta-n m-e h-i-d-e wh-e-n I'm d-e-a-d
[lively] So we tanned his hide, when he died, Clyde, and that's it hanging on the shed!
Altogether now

No comments:

Post a Comment