Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Bear

The Other Day (I Met a Bear)
The other day [echo: the other day]
I met a bear [I met a bear]
Up in the woods [up in the woods]
Away up there [away up there]
The other day I met a bear, up in the woods away up there

He looked at me
I looked at him
He sized up me
I sized up him
He looked at me, I looked at him. He sized up me, I sized up him.

He said to me
Why don't you run?
I see you ain't
Got any gun
He said to me why don't you run? I see you ain't got any gun

And so I ran
Away from there
And right behind
Me was that bear!
And so I ran away from there, and right behind me was that bear!

And then a tree
That I did spy
Its lowest branch
Was ten feet high
And then a tree that I did spy: its lowest branch was ten feet high

And so I leapt
Into the air
And missed that branch
Away up there
And so I leapt into the air, and missed that branch away up there

Now, don't you fret
And don't you frown
I caught that branch
On the way back down
Now, don't you fret and don't you frown -- I caught that branch on the way back down

That is the end
There ain't no more
Until I meet
That bear once more
That is the end, there ain't no more, until I meet that bear once more

No comments:

Post a Comment