Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mariah

Away out west they’ve got a name
For wind and rain and fire.
The rain is Tess, the fire is Joe,
And they call the wind Mariah.

Mariah blows the stars around
And sets the clouds to flying
Mariah makes the mountains sound,
Like folks are up there dyin’.

Mariah ... Mariah ... They call the wind Mariah.

Before I knew Mariah’s name,
And heard her wailin’ whinin;,
I had a girl and she had me,
And the sun was always shining.

And then one day I left my gal
I left her far behind me,
And now I’m lost, so doggone lost
Not even God can find me.

Mariah, Mariah, they call the wind Mariah.

Away out west they have a name,
For wind and rain and fire.
But when you’re lost and all alone,
Where there ain’t no name for lonely.

For I’m a lost and lonely man,
Without a star to guide me,
Mariah, blow my love to me,
For I need here beside me.

Mariah, Mariah, they call the wind Mariah.

No comments:

Post a Comment