Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Songs of Nature

As I was walking on the beach one bright and sunny day,
I saw a great big wooden box floating in the bay.
I pulled it in, opened it up and much to my surprise,
I discovered a X...XX right before my eyes!
Oh! I discovered a X...XX right before my eyes!

I picked it up and ran to town as happy as a king,
And took it to a guy I knew who would buy most anything.
This is what he hollered at me as I walked into the shop...
Get out of here with that X...XX before I call a cop!
Oh! Get out of here with that X...XX before I call a cop!

I got right up and turned around running for my life.
Then I took it home with me to show it to my wife.
This is what she screamed at me as I walked into the door...
Get out of here with that X...XX and don't come back anymore!
Oh! Get out of here with that X...XX and don't come back anymore!

I wandered all around the town until I chanced to meet
A hobo who was asking for a handout on the street.
He said he'd take most any old thing. He was a desperate man.
But when I showed him the X...XX he turned around and ran!
Oh! When I showed him the X...XX he turned around and ran!

The moral of the story is: if you're ever on the beach
And you should find a wooden box and it's within your reach.
Don't ever open it up my friend, that's my advice to you.
You'll never get rid of that X...XX no matter what you do!
Oh! You'll never get rid of that X...XX no matter what you do!

I wandered on for many years a victim of my fate
Until one day I came upon St. Peter at the gate
And when I tried to take it inside he told me where to go
Get out of here with that ! ! !, and take it down below
Oh get out of here with that ! ! !, and take it down below

No comments:

Post a Comment